3 Things To-Do Today That Your Future Self Will Thank You For
There’s a quote that says “Someday” is a disease that will take your dreams to the grave with you.” When I read this quote I had to take a moment and think how many things I’ve procrastinated so far by leaving them to “someday”.
It’s so easy to leave things up to “someday” because no responsibility needs to be taken. But the truth is that “someday” is not a day that can be marked off on the calendar. It’s either NOW or NEVER and for this, you have to choose wisely.
We can no longer sit and dream of the life that we desire. It’s time to stop dreaming and take our desires to work.
If you change your mindset simply by realizing that you need to do things NOW, you will see how effective you will become, and as a result of your hard work, you will start to see amazing results.
If you wait you are just desiring, but doing is becoming… which one are you?
So, taking this into consideration, Let’s dive into 3 things to do today that will change the path of your future!
1. Discover Your Purpose And Put Work Up To It
Yeah, I’m sure you’ve heard this countless times that you’re possibly even questioning if life purpose is real or something man-made. Well, do you know what is sad? Taking your potential to the grave! Of course your purpose is a real thing. It’s the very thing that you aspire to be. There’s always a voice calling out to you. You just have to stop ignoring it and listen to it.
Imagine this, one day a car decides to tell its owner that it doesn’t want to ride you no more, that it wants to start flying. Is the car living up to its purpose? No. That car will stay in that garage and become a waste. Just because it’s not living up to its purpose.
Now, your potential to succeed is infinite. You can achieve anything you put your mind up to. This is powerful and very mental. You have to picture it like this: when you accept this statement as true, you are opening the endless possibilities to become whoever you want to be.
How do you do this?
What is it that you desperately want to achieve? Think about 3 things that’s been calling out to you lately. Things that you’ve been thinking about. Once you have found out whom you aspire to be, it’s time to move from visionary to missionary.
- Start doing the hard work. Do your research. See what’s on the market. Invest in getting knowledge.
- You need resilience to stay persistent. Success does not come overnight. Prepare yourself mentally to stay persistent by focusing on the end goal while you are enjoying the process.
- You will face rejection. Stop looking at NO as a failure. Hearing NO is a part of life. From rejection comes wisdom, courage, and strength. Keep going!
- You will have to make some sacrifices. There will be late nights, friends ditching, days that you will feel alone. But all of this is for the greater good.
- Keep on going! Nothing great ever came that easy. So, even though you doubt yourself keep going. Even if you’re scared, keep going. You will fail along the way, but keep on going.
2. The Time to Take Care of Your Body is NOW!
You can’t be possibly working on your purpose, but you’re not working on yourself physically and internally. What will it benefit to work so hard, but your health is going backward?
You see, I’ve procrastinated so long to start a healthy lifestyle routine. That it took people to start calling me fat to wake up and realize how much I’ve neglected my body. It’s crazy!
The time to start improving yourself is NOW. Self-improvement is more than just working on your job, or increasing your bank balance, etc. it’s also about taking care of yourself.
When was the last time that you did a detox? I sure need one right now!
If you see the kind of world we are living in at this moment, you will notice that there’s a shift happening. And if you’re not taking care of yourself properly you will be left behind.
At the beginning of the Covid-19 stage, one of the groups of people that were prone to get affected by the virus was people with health issues.
Here are some ways you can start improving yourself
- Eat more nutritious food. Leave the processed food, the junk food, the too much sugar, and salt food behind, and starting digest more fruits, veggies, nuts, etc. oh man, this counts even for me. It’s time to take care of our bodies.
- Drink more water. Yes, you probably know this. But like a broken record let me repeat that again: DRINK MORE WATER. Go drink some water right now.
- Make it a daily habit to work out. I do not enjoy the gym. But something I’ve started doing is I put home workouts from YouTube and just following along. And I enjoy it. Click here to check out the home workouts that I do.
Another self-improvement way that really works is to practice meditation. Meditation is an extremely effective self-improvement method, and it can enrich your whole life. According to different research, meditation has countless health benefits.
Now, I am not a person that practices yoga, but I do enjoy every morning after I wake up, to sit on my bed with my eyes closed and practice affirmations.
3. Start a Side Hustle, And Get That Coin, Friend
Everything is so uncertain and unclear these days that it’s scaring people out. Nobody knows what will happen tomorrow. We cannot control when a crisis decides to fall upon us, but we can control some details. We can no longer depend on our main income stream or our bosses.
Take a look at the unemployment rate. We have to start protecting ourselves. Creating multiple streams of income is no longer a luxury, it’s a necessity.
Therefore, I want to encourage you to start working on yourself. Like I said before, everything is changing in the world. Look for something you enjoy. Perhaps you can make money with your talent, or hobbies, or knowledge. The time to start is today.
Here are 5 side hustle you can look into
- Drop-shipping. Click Here to read more about drop-shipping
- Start a successful blog. Click here to read more about starting a blog
- Education. Can you teach or bring your knowledge across? Then it’s time to do something with that talent. Check out this article.
- Start a successful YouTube channel. You probably know this; you can do big things with YouTube. Here’s a video to help you get started.
- Be a problem Solver. If you can solve any problems, you can charge for it! So, it’s time to put desires to work.
Conclusion: 3 Things To-Do Today!
So, there you have it. Three things to start doing TODAY. If you can master your mind, you can master your life.
My goal is to help you move forward in life. So, start listening when your purpose is calling out to you. Not just your purpose, but your body as well.
Take care of your temple and it will live a long prosperous life. And lastly, take care of your finances. If you are willing to do these things starting today, your future self will thank you for it.